Graduate Scholarships for Scientific Research in Cairo
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab Students interested in scientific research
What: Full tuition fees + living expenses
When: 2020 - 2021
Where: American University of Cairo (AUC)
Program Length: 2 to 4 years
Deadline to Apply: 15 April 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Scientific Research
The Mohammed Bin Abdulkarim Allehedan Endowed Scholarship and Scientific Research Fund Program is offered at the American University in Cairo (AUC) represented by its School of Science and Engineering (SSE). The fund’s aims are to support talented and financially disadvantaged students and encourage specialized scientific research in uncommon disciplines in the Arab world. It also aims to support scientific achievements, research, and Arabs’ innovative and creative cultural contributions to various life activities on the humanity level. The program is intended to enable qualified students from the Arab world to attend one of the university‘s Ph.D. or master of science and engineering programs on a full tuition fees coverage.
The fellowship covers:
– Tuition fees, for a maximum of 9 credits per semester.
– Student services and activities fees.
– Housing allowance or accommodation in the University Residences for non-resident of Cairo.
– Monthly stipend.
– Book allowance.
– Bus transportation fees.
Deadline: April 15, 2020
– For nationals from the Arab world
– For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
– Bachelor of science or engineering from an accredited university.
– Relevant scientific research background.
– Financial need.
Eligibility for applicants to the Ph.D.:
– Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university.
– Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas.
– Submission of a satisfactory GRE score, as per the Ph.D. program requirements.
How to apply
Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application.