Doctoral and Research Scholarships in Singapore
Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Singapore
What: Tuition fees Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500* One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Where: A*STAR Research Institutes
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 01 June 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: singapore
Academic Subject(s): Engineering, Science, Engineering, Math
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Singapore Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The award offers graduate students the chance to carry out their research and acquire their Ph.D. from one of the partner universities.
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at the student’s chosen lab at one of the A*STAR institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. The programme is now accepting applications for the January 2023 intake.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
– Tuition fees.
– Monthly stipend of 2,200 Singapore dollars (about $1,640 US), which will be increased to 2,700 Singapore dollars after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
– One-time airfare grant of up to 1,500 Singapore dollars ($1,120 US).
– One-time settling-in allowance of 1,000 Singapore dollars ($740 US).
Research areas under the Ph.D. Program fall broadly under two categories:
– Biomedical Sciences; and
– Physical Science and Engineering.
Deadline: June 1, 2022
The program is open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research. Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
– Excellent academic results.
– Good skills in written and spoken English.
– Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply
Prepare electronic copies of all required documents, transcripts and reports. Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
– A recent passport-size photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
Also submit the following academic transcripts and reports, in English translation.
– Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
– Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
– Recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
– GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
You can apply through this link.