Swedish Institute Scholarships
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The scholarship is open to citizens of 41 countries, including five in the Arab region: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, and Tunisia.
Candidates must have already applied to an eligible master’s degree programme. The deadline for applying to a programme was 16 January 2023.
The SI Global Professionals programme offers a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Deadline: 28 February 2023.
– Full tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending.
– A monthly payment of 10,000 Swedish krona (about $1,150) to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship period.
– Insurance against illness and accident.
– Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
– After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network, an opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
– A one-time travel grant of 15,000 Swedish krona (about $1,700). This does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
– Country of citizenship : Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, and Tunisia.
– You must have a bachelor’s degree.
– You must be admitted (or conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 March 2023. There are no scholarships available for late admissions.
– Work experience: You must have at least 3,000 hours’ work experience prior to 10 February 2023 from a maximum of three organizations/companies. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong professional background.
– Leadership experience: You must be able to demonstrate leadership experience through, for instance, your previous work experience, or involvement in civil society organisations.
How to Apply:
– Apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at university admissions.se by 16 January 2023. Save the eight-digit personal application number you received, as you will need it when applying to SI Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the scholarship application form.
– Pay the nonrefundable application fee before the deadline on 1 February 2023.
– Apply for the SI scholarship. Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal will be open from 00:01 CET on 10 February 2023 until 14:59 CET on 28 February 2023. Access will be available on this page during the application period.