Sheikh Saqr Program Scholarships for UAE Nationals
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Outstanding UAE Students
What: Tuition fees + living stipend
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: Partner Universities in the UAE
Program Length: Three to four years
Deadline to Apply: Open
Citizenship: United Arab Emirates
Destination Countries: United Arab Emirates
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Sheikh Saqr Government Excellence Program, under the patronage of the ruler of Ras al-Khaimah, Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al-Qasimi, offers nationals of the United Arab Emirates the opportunity to study at universities in the UAE.
The scholarship includes:
– A monthly allowance during the study period according to the rewards system based on academic performance and hours completed for public universities.
– Coverage of tuition in private universities with a variety of percentages.
– Additional financial reward for summer training.
– Financial incentive award in case you receive an excellent grade at the end of each semester (when registering a minimum of 15 credit hours).
– Providing a computer (laptop) for students who obtain an excellent GPA after the completion of 50% of the requirements of the course of study.
– Special Recognition Award in the Ras Al Khaimah Award for Educational Excellence ceremony.
Partner universities include:
UAE University, Zayed University, Higher Colleges of Technology, RAK Medical and Health Sciences universities, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, American University of Sharjah, Paris Sorbonne University of Abu Dhabi.
– The applicant must be a UAE national.
– The applicant must have a minimum high school average of 95% on the Scientific Section and a minimum average of 97% on the Literary Section.
– The applicant must be able to use a computer and have English language skills, preferably obtaining an IELTS or TOEFL certificate.
– The applicant must have unconditional acceptance from an accredited university.
– The applicant must pass the personal interview.
– The applicant must study at one of the accredited universities in UAE.
How to Apply
Students must prepare the following documents:
– A copy of the passport.
– A copy of the national ID card.
– A copy of the family book.
– A personal photo.
– A copy of the high school certificate (true copy).
– A copy of the university academic record if the student is enrolled at a university.
– Three Recommendation Certificates from Teachers and Academic Mentors.
– English language skills certificate (IELTS or TOEFL).
Fill out this application and submit it personally at the headquarters of the association in Al Nakheel, Ras al-Khaimah, RAK Chamber of Commerce and Industry building, 8th Floor.