The NL Scholarship is meant to assist international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree at a participating university in the Netherlands. Citizens of all Arab countries are eligible to apply.
Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship. The grant amount is € 5,000, which is awarded for one year and can be received only once. The full cost of study for non-EEA students varies by programme. You can check the fees for various master’s and bachelor’s degree programmes here, or on your chosen university’s website.
The NL Scholarship (formerly known as the Holland Scholarship) is an initiative of Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education. The scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, and the participating universities (see lists on this page).
The next scholarship application period will open in November.
Varies by university.
A one-time award of 5,000 euros total.
- Be nationals of a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Be applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s degree programme at one of the participating universities.
- Meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution.
- Not have previously earned a degree from a university in the Netherlands.
- Agree to abide by Nuffic’s Code of Conduct for Integrity.
How to Apply
Please complete the following steps:
- Apply to enrol in your chosen programme at one of the participating universities.
- In your application, state that you are applying for the NL Scholarship.
- Upload all the needed documents, certificates, motivation letter, etc.