Knight-Hennessy Scholars at Stanford University
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying at Stanford University
What: Tuition fees
Where: Stanford University - UK
Program Length: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: 06 October 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program at Stanford University funds up to three years of study for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford to which you are admitted at the time you are selected as a scholar. If your degree program exceeds three years—such as an M.D. or Ph.D. program, or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program—then your Stanford home department(s) will fund the remainder of your education to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program. (That means, for example, your program may fund you for one additional year for some Ph.D. ‘s and three additional years for others.)
During each of the first three years of graduate study, Knight-Hennessy Scholars receive:
– a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees.
– a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses).
– a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford.
Note: Knight-Hennessy Scholars also may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel).
After enrolling at Stanford, you may wish to enroll in an additional graduate program. In this case, you may apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program to receive additional funding up to a maximum of three years. Additional funding is not guaranteed.
Deadline: October 6, 2021.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program is a multidisciplinary and multicultural community. There are no restrictions based on age, college or university, field of study, or career aspiration. We encourage citizens and residents of all countries to apply. We do not require applicants to seek endorsements from colleges, universities, or other institutions.
There are two baseline eligibility requirements.
– First, in addition to applying to Knight-Hennessy Scholars, you must apply to, be accepted by, and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. Note that we will give priority consideration to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
– Second, you must have earned, in January 2015 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing.
How to apply:
All Knight-Hennessy Scholars have to apply to and be accepted by a graduate program at Stanford at the same time they apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars. Your graduate program will be your primary affiliation, and the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will provide you with access to an additional community and opportunities tailored to scholars.
To be a Knight-Hennessy Scholar, you submit two applications:
– Knight-Hennessy Scholars online application
– Stanford graduate program application (Deadline will vary by program.)