City University of London Sanctuary Scholarships 2021
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate)
Who: Refugees accepted into the city university of London
What: Full scholarships + living expenses
Where: City University London
Program Length: Up to three years
Deadline to Apply: 09 May 2021
Citizenship: Palestine, Syria, refugee
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
City University of London supports equal access to higher education for forced migrants. The Sanctuary Scholarship supports refugees who are accepted into the university in all subjects during their undergraduate years. The grant includes a tuition exemption and a financial grant of £13,510 (about $17,000) per academic year for up to three years.
Successful applicants will also receive a place on the City Cares program, which provides a designated staff member to offer support and guidance throughout. The university intends to award up to three undergraduate scholarships in 2021.
Applicants should be aware that this may be subject to change due to the situation regarding Covid-19. For up-to-date information on admissions, please see the Coronavirus information for prospective students.
Deadline: May 9, 2021
Applicants must have one of the following immigration statuses, as set out by the Helena Kennedy Foundation Article 26 Project:
– Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Child (UASC leave)
– Limit Leave to Remain (LL)
– Discretionary Leave to Remain (DL)
– Humanitarian Protection (HP)
– Refugee Status
– Refused Asylum Seeker (fresh claim submitted)
– Asylum Seeker
In addition to the above, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
– Have received a conditional or unconditional offer of full-time undergraduate study from City, University of London, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com) If your offer is conditional you must meet the conditions of your offer of a place (e.g. academic and English language qualifications) in order to embark on the degree and receive the scholarship.
– Be new full-time entrants to City and starting the first year of their degree as a new student (i.e. those starting in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are not eligible).
– Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of your application.
– Must not hold an undergraduate/postgraduate degree awarded in the U.K. and/or abroad.
– As a direct result of your status you are not eligible for Tuition Fee Loans or Maintenance Loans from Student Finance England/Wales/NI/SAAS.
– If you are applying for a program that requires you to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check in order to undertake clinical placements and participate in the course, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary documentation. Failure to pass the DBS checks will result in a suspension/withdrawal from the program.
How to apply:
– Applicants for the Sanctuary Scholarship must have made an application to City, University of London for undergraduate study via UCAS.
– Before applying for the scholarship, please read the terms and conditions carefully.
– Refer to the guidance notes when you fill out your application, as this will help you to complete it accurately.
– Once you have completed these steps you can proceed to submit an application.