Al Ghurair Foundation Online Master’s Scholarships
Type: Master's Degree
Who: Disadvantaged Arab Youth
What: Tuition Fees
Where: Arizona State University
Program Length: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: 27 October 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Online/Distance
Academic Subject(s): Science, Engineering, Math
Arizona State University (ASU) and the Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education مؤسسة عبد الله الغرير للتعليم are now receiving applications for the fifteenth and final cycle of online master’s degree in 33 different specializations (engineering, technology, mathematics, health, education, tourism, etc.), for the Summer/Fall 2021 intake for the Arizona State University online master’s program.
The Abdullah Al Ghurair Foundation for Education’s Open Learning Scholars Program for Arab youth offers full online master’s scholarships from Arizona State University for a range of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and other degrees relevant to the Arab region.
The Scholarship covers the total cost of university tuition and other mandatory university fees for the master’s degree for up to a period of three years. The program also offers scholars a number of opportunities both through the university and through the foundation. These include:
– Access to a network of Al Ghurair Scholars around the world.
– Academic advising, career counseling, and mentorship.
Deadline to apply: October 4, 2020, 1 p.m. UAE time.
In order to be eligible to apply for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at Arizona State University, you must be:
– An Arab citizen – you must not hold a second non-Arab passport.
– Preference is given to candidates who have been residents of the Arab world for at least 12 years.
– Under 30 years of age and academically high-achieving – you must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 in your bachelor’s degree (or 85%).
– In need of financial support – you must be willing and able to show proof of your financial need in your application.
– Done with your bachelor’s degree – or be about to complete it and not yet have completed a master’s degree.
– Students with a master’s degree are not eligible for this program.
How to Apply
Interested students are requested to complete the online application on the student portal. However, in order to gain the scholarships, students must (1) apply to and receive an acceptance from ASU to one of the Foundation’s supported online master’s programs, and (2) apply to and receive an acceptance to the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program. In addition, students must:
– Read and understand all the requirements to complete your scholarship application for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at ASU found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
– Prepare your required documents for your application. The required documents are listed in the FAQ section.
– Attend an online information session during each of the application cycles to learn more about the program. To register, click here.
– Create a profile on the Foundation’s Student Portal, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Ready to Apply” link at the bottom of this page.
– Create and complete your Al Ghurair OLS Program application.
– Apply for the ASU Online Master’s Degree of your choice as soon as possible. Make sure that it is a program that is supported by the Foundation by clicking here.
– Wait to receive an email from the foundation about the status of your application. Please check your inbox and junk folders regularly as they may need clarifications on your application.