Yousef Jameel Leadership Program at AUC for Egyptians
Type: Fellowship, Master's Degree
Who: Egyptians interested in Policy, Law, Migration Studies, Global Affairs
What: Tuition fees + living expenses
Where: American University in Cairo
Program Length: Two and a half years
Deadline to Apply: 01 April 2021
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Global Affairs, International Human Rights Law, Law and Government, Public Policy
The Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program offers fellowships to qualified young Egyptian nationals who are interested in completing a master’s degree at the American University in Cairo (AUC) in one of the following eight programs:
Yousef Jameel, working with AUC’s School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP), established the fellowships in 2011 with the overall objective of building the capacity of young Egyptian nationals in the areas of public policy and public administration and preparing them for leadership roles in Egypt after the January 25 revolution.
The fellowships cover:
– Tuition fees
– Student services and activities fees
– Remedial English courses
– Book allowance per semester
– Monthly stipend
– Accommodation allowance for non-residents of Cairo
– Bus transportation fees
– Study abroad opportunity for one semester according to AUC student-exchange policies (travel and living expenses)
Students must complete their master’s degrees within a period of two and a half years, including an optional study-abroad semester. The fellowship is subject to review every semester.
– Graduate study application: April 1, 2021
– Fellowship application: April 15, 2021 (the fellowship application will be available online starting March 15, 2021)
– Egyptian nationals
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in social sciences (business administration, management, political science, law, and others), engineering (mechanical, electrical, construction, and others) or science (pharmacy, medicine, computer science, chemistry, and others)
– Minimum grade point average of 3.2 or a rating of very good (gayed geddan)
– Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements, including a satisfactory English proficiency test score (TOEFL iBT or IELTS)
– Minimum of two and a maximum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience after receiving a bachelor’s degree, preferably in public, nonprofit or international development organizations; graduates of 2009-2020
How to Apply
Step 1: Check how to apply then apply online for AUC Graduate Admission and submit all supporting documents, including the English-language exam results: TOEFL iBT (www.ets.org) or IELTS (British Council).
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application.
For more information about the program, send an email ([email protected]) or call: +20.2.2615.3350/3466.