Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Students from low-income countries who are interested in pursuing research a health-related field
What: Tuition fees, related costs, and grants for research
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: All universties worldwide
Program Length: 2 years and a half
Deadline to Apply: 21 April 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Mauritania, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Destination Countries: All Countries
Academic Subject(s): Health related research project
The Wellcome International Master’s Fellowship allows international students a master’s degree-level program in the field of public health to promote the health conditions of their host country. The Wellcome international Master’s Fellowship is available to students who have not been offered any other Wellcome scholarship, for study at any university in the world.
The fellowship is for 30 months unless the student wants to hold it on a part-time basis. The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (MSc) course at a recognized center of excellence anywhere in the world. The following 18 months is for your research project at an eligible organization in a low- or middle-income country.
An award of £120,000 provides support for tuition fees, related costs, and airfare.
Deadline: April 21, 2020
– Proposed research focuses on a healthy priority in a low- or middle-income country.
– Sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
– Be at an early stage of your research, but have had showed interest in research.
– The research proposal should be within Wellcome’s science remit.
– The research proposal should focus on a health priority in a low-income country.
How to apply
You need to fill an Online Application through the Wellcome Trust grant tracker.