USIU–Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Arab-African interested in studying in the kenya
What: Benefits Tuition and functional fees; Laptops, books, and other learning materials; Reasonable accommodation and meals; Medical insurance; Stipend; Transport to and from home; Access to leadership training; Access to entrepreneurial training; Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship. Disability needs will be reasonably catered for
Where: United States International University-Kenya
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 28 February 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia
Destination Countries: Kenya
Academic Subject(s): Business, Humanities, Science, Engineering, Math
The United States International University–Africa (USIU–Africa), in Nairobi, Kenya, has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its Global Scholars Program to provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU–Africa offers academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Deadline: February 28, 2022
– Science and Technology
– Pharmacy and Health Sciences
– Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts
– Business Administration
– Humanities and Social Sciences
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– Not exceed 29 years of age in the following categories: Young women; young men; refugees and displaced youth; and youth with disabilities. (Young women are strongly encouraged to apply.)
– Demonstrate academic talent and have personal motivation to complete their education.
– Be committed to giving back to their communities through engagements with community outreach activities.
– Exhibit leadership potential and be committed to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
– Be interested in and meet USIU–Africa’s admissions criteria.
– Tuition and functional fees;
– Laptops, books, and other learning materials;
– Reasonable accommodation and meals;
– Medical insurance;
– Transport to and from home;
– Access to leadership training;
– Access to entrepreneurial training;
– Psychosocial support, career counseling, and mentorship.
– Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
– Download the application forms from Here or pick the forms from the Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU–Africa at no cost.
– Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are legible and send to [email protected] or drop your application at Admissions Office, located in the Main Administration building at USIU–Africa, or post your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634–00800, Nairobi, Kenya.