United Arab Emirates University PhD Fellowship
Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in UAE
What: – Full tuition waiver. – Monthly Stipend. – Health insurance (if needed). – Extra Bonus: Up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or. Up to AED 2,000 from the supervisor’s internal research project. – Duration: 4 years
Where: United Arab Emirates University
Program Length: One year
Deadline to Apply: The deadline for applications is the same as the deadline for admission applications to the graduate program.
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: United Arab Emirates
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The United Arab Emirates University PhD Fellowship is open to qualified students of all nationalities.
The purpose of the PhD Fellowship is to recruit high-achieving graduate students in certain majors at UAEU and provide them with full and continuous financial support to pursue their graduate studies at UAEU.
Fellowship awards are based on a competitive criteria which take into account the credentials of the applicants (i.e. GPA, journal publications, conference presentations, patents, GRE score, recommendation letters, etc.) and where they have graduated from. Applicants are requested to submit copies of all their credentials at the time of application submission.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is the same as the deadline for admission applications to the graduate program.
– Have a Master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
– Have no employment or other financial sponsorship.
– Have a dissertation in one of the UAE priority sectors (Renewable Energy, Transportation, Health, Water, Technology, Space).
– Meet the PhD admission requirements here.
– Full tuition waiver.
– Monthly Stipend.
– Health insurance (if needed).
– Extra Bonus:
Up to AED 3,000 from supervisor’s external research project, or
Up to AED 2,000 from the supervisor’s internal research project.
– Duration: 4 years
Duties and Expectations:
– Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3 at the PhD level.
– Be enrolled full-time (min. of 9 credits/semester) at the PhD level.
– Be available at UAEU full-time.
– Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research project throughout the year.
How to Apply:
To apply for the PhD Fellowship, please complete the Admission application here.