The United Arab Emirates University Ph.D. Fellowship is open to qualified students of all nationalities.
The purpose of the Ph.D. Fellowship programme is to recruit high-achieving graduate students in certain majors and provide them with full and continuous financial support to pursue doctoral studies at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU).
Fellowship awards are based on competitive criteria which take into account the credentials of the applicants (e.g., GPA, journal publications, conference presentations, patents, GRE score, recommendation letters, etc.) and where they have graduated from. Applicants are requested to submit copies of all their credentials at the time of application submission.
Deadline: 31 March 2023
– Have a Master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
– Have no employment or other financial sponsorship.
– Have a dissertation in one of the United Arab Emirates’ priority sectors (renewable energy, transportation, health, water, technology, space).
– Meet the Ph.D. admission requirements here.
– Full tuition waiver.
– Monthly Stipend.
– Health insurance (if needed).
– Extra bonus of up to AED 3,000 from the supervisor’s external research project, or up to AED 2,000 from the supervisor’s internal research project.
– Duration: 4 years
Duties and Expectations:
– Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3 at the PhD level.
– Be enrolled full-time (min. of 9 credits/semester) at the PhD level.
– Be available at UAEU full-time.
– Commit to a minimum of 40 hours/week on courses and/or research projects throughout the year.
– Commit to additional graduate assistantship duties.
How to Apply: To apply for the Ph.D. Fellowship, please complete the admission application here.