The Yousriya Sawiris Scholarship for Egyptian Students
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a fully funded, full-time programme for Egyptian students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota, in the United States.
The Master of Development Practice (MDP) is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, a living allowance and travel expenses.
Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Graduate Egyptian students looking to study Development Practice in the University of Minnesota.
What: The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.
Where: University of Minnesota
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 13 October 2022
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): Development Practice
Deadline: October 13, 2022
– Be an Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
– Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP programme.
– Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
– Have financial need.
– Be proficient in English. TOEFL or IELTS exam date should be within two years of the graduate programme start. Minimum required scores: 100 (TOEFL internet–based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
– Commit to work in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
How to Apply:
Candidates must submit separate applications to the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and to the Humphrey H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
– Scholarship applications must be submitted to Newton Education Services, on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation. For information about how to apply for the scholarship program, please click here.
– Humphrey School applicants must complete the University of Minnesota Graduate School application, including the additional Humphrey School section. For information about the Humphrey application package please click here.