The New Generation of Social Scientists fellowship
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate), Fellowship, Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab citizens living in an Arab country
What: all the program activities offered to the fellows will be fully funded including any transportation/travel costs if needed.
Where: Lebanon: Lebanese American University, Lebanese University, American University of Beirut, Saint Joseph University, and University of Balamand Palestine: Birzeit University, Al Najah National University, and Al Quds University (Abu Dis) Tunisia: University of Sfax Egypt: American University in Cairo, Alexandria University, and Cairo University
Program Length: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: 30 July 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Palestine, Tunisia
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The New Generation of Social Scientists in the Arab Region program, also known as the NewGen Fellowship, is a fellowship program that aims to:
– Help develop a new generation of social scientists who are committed to critical scholarship and research, teaching and mentorship, and public engagement;
– Support excellent students at the B.A., M.A. and Ph.D. levels by offering innovative coursework and opportunities for trainings, mentorship, internships and networking;
– Create an institutional network that will support students nationally and regionally and will facilitate knowledge transfer and sharing across the region.
The program will do so by selecting a cohort of fellows who are passionate about the social sciences and who are studying at different levels at partner universities in the Arab region. The NewGen fellows will be immersed into a two-year journey of activities comprising research, training, mentorship, networking and exposure. Together, these activities seek to incubate a new generation of social scientists capable of, and committed to, conducting research for social change, developing and teaching critical approaches to social issues and building new institutions and infrastructures for knowledge production. All program activities will be implemented in partnership with the program’s main partner universities in the region.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
Archaeology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Economics, History, Demography, Development/Development Studies, Urban Studies, Gender Studies, Social and Behavioral Science, and Social Linguistics.
Deadline: 30 July 2020
– Have an Arab citizenship and be living in an Arab country
Be pursuing a B.A., M.A. or Ph.D. degree at one of the partner universities of the program.
– If at the B.A. or M.A. level, you can apply from the Social Science disciplines or across different disciplines from outside the Social Science field.
– If at the Ph.D. level, you can apply if you are from the following disciplines or similar social science disciplines: Archaeology, Philosophy, Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Economics, History, Demography, Development/Development Studies, Urban Studies, Gender Studies, Social and Behavioral Science, and Social Linguistics.
– Have at least two or more full years left to complete your degree.
How to Apply:
Students can apply through this link.