The Hungary Scholarships for International Students
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students seeking assylum in hungary
What: Full exemption from tuition and registration fees at the university. Health insurance. A monthly stipend (120 euros) for Bachelor’s and Master’s students. Free university housing or financial support to contribute to housing costs. Preparation year for learning the Hungarian language if the program is in the Hungarian language.
Where: Partnering Universities in Hungary
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 16 January 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Hungary
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Government of Hungary Scholarship Program (Stipendium Hungaricum) for 2021 offers a wide range of courses for international students with excellent academic records. The fully-funded scholarships are available for bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and Ph.D. studies.
Students from nearly 70 Sending Partner countries are eligible to apply. These include Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen. Applicants are eligible to apply for scholarship types and study fields determined in the educational cooperation programs in effect between Hungary and the specific Sending Partner.
The scholarship aims to support the internationalization of the Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world.
The scholarship covers all study costs throughout the study period in Hungary. Benefits include:
– Full exemption from tuition and registration fees at the university.
– Health insurance.
– A monthly stipend (120 euros) for bachelor’s and master’s degree students.
– Free university housing or financial support to contribute to housing costs.
– Preparation year for learning the Hungarian language if the program is in the Hungarian language.
January 16, 2021
– Applicants must be citizens of an eligible sending country or territory. Applicants are not eligible for the scholarship if they are stateless persons, refugees, asylum-seekers or other protected individuals.
– Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
– Those who have received the Hungarian scholarship cannot apply again.
– International students have to meet the conditions of the university they intend to apply for.
How to apply:
– Submit your application via the Stipendium Hungaricum application site.
– After results are announced at the end of June 2021, prospective students should start the visa application procedure and organize their travel to Hungary.
– For more information, see the relevant Call for Applications, either for bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, or for doctoral programs.
– Online application form.
– Motivation letter.
– Proof of language proficiency and its translations in the language of the chosen study program or in Hungarian.
– Certificates and transcripts in the language of the study program or in Hungarian.