Television and Digital Journalism Following in AUC
Who: Students interested in studying television and digital journalism at AUC
What: Tuition Fees
Program Length: 2 years
Deadline to Apply: 15 April 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Digital Media and Television
The American University in Cairo’s Kamal Adham Fellowship for Television and Digital Journalism is designed to attract deserving and qualified graduates of Journalism and Mass Communication programs as well as professionals in mid-career television and digital journalism positions who wish to pursue full-time study (nine credits per semester) toward a one-and-a-half year master’s degree in television and digital journalism at AUC.
The fellowship covers:
– Partial tuition fees for a maximum of eight credits per semester.
– May cover prerequisite courses and one semester of intensive English language courses as needed.
– Book allowance per semester.
– Student services and activities fees (bus fees).
Fellows are assigned up to 20 hours per week of related academic or technical work.
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester and November 3 for the spring semester.
– All nationalities.
– New graduate degree-seeking students must satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
– Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
– For continuing students to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0.
– Preference is given to graduates of Egyptian public universities and professionals in the broadcasting industry.
– Proven interest and achievement in television and digital journalism.
– An interview with the program director is required to assess candidates’ commitment, potential and communication skills.
– Financial need.
How to Apply