Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
Type: Master's Degree
Who: students from Egypt; Jordan; Morocco; Sudan; Tunisia interested in studying in Sweden
What: Tuition fees, stipend, living expenses, and Insurance
Where: Partner Universities in Sweden
Program Length: 2 years
Deadline to Apply: 18 February 2021
Citizenship: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia
Destination Countries: Sweden
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region. The program is open to citizens of 42 countries, including Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia.
The SI Global Scholars program is funded by Sweden’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers students a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4 to 6 percent of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s-degree programs. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
– The Swedish Institute (SI) fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
– You will receive a regular monthly payment of 10,000 Swedish krona (about $1,200) to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship period.
– A travel grant of SEK 15,000 Swedish krona (about $1,800) for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
– Country of citizenship: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan and Tunisia. (You do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.)
– Work experience: To be eligible for SI Global Professionals, you must have had at least 3,000 hours’ work experience prior to 9 February 2021 from a maximum of three organizations/companies. Valid work experience includes both full-time and part-time employment, as employee, employer, or freelancer. You will be required to certify the experience in your application. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong professional background.
– Have a bachelor’s degree.
– Leadership experience: You must be able to demonstrate your previous leadership experience. This may be demonstrated through, for instance, previous work experience, or involvement in civil society organisations. The leadership experience has no requirement regarding a minimum number of hours.
– Must be admitted (including conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programs by 9 April 2021. About 600 master’s programs, taught in English, are eligible for the academic year 2021/2022. To see the full list, click here.
How to Apply:
– Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at universityadmissions.se by 18 February 2021.
– Once you have submitted your application to one or more master’s programs, you will receive a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to SI Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form.
– Each recipient will then receive an official scholarship offer by email between 28-30 April. The recipient is responsible for ensuring that the provided email address in the application is correct. The scholarship must then be accepted or declined by the deadline indicated in the offer.