Swedish Institute Graduate Scholarships
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: students from Egypt; Jordan; Morocco; Sudan; Tunisia interested in studying in Sweden
What: Tuition fees, stipend, living expenses, and Insurance
Where: Partner Universities in Sweden
Program Length: Two years
Deadline to Apply: 28 February 2022
Citizenship: Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia
Destination Countries: Sweden
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The program is funded by Sweden’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders. Usually 4 to 6 percent of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
Deadline: 28 February 2022
– The Swedish Institute (SI) fully covers your tuition fees to the Swedish university you are attending. This is paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
– You will receive a regular monthly payment of 10,000 Swedish krona (about $1,150) to cover your living expenses throughout the scholarship period.
– Insurance against illness and accident.
– Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
– After your scholarship period has ended, you gain membership to the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and to further develop yourself professionally. The local networks exist worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
– The scholarship includes a travel grant of 15,000 Swedish krona (about $1,700) for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
– Country of citizenship : Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Sudan, Tunisia
– Work experience: At least 3,000 hours’ work experience prior to 9 February 2022 from a maximum of three organizations/companies. Valid work experience includes both full-time and part-time employment, as employee, employer, or freelancer. You will be required to certify the experience in your application. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong professional background.
– Have a bachelor’s degree.
– Leadership experience: You must be able to demonstrate your previous leadership experience. This may be demonstrated through, for instance, previous work experience, or involvement in civil society organisations. The leadership experience has no requirement regarding a minimum number of hours.
– Must be admitted (including conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programs by 9 April 2022. You can only be awarded a scholarship for the master’s program you are admitted to by 9 April. There are no scholarships available for late admissions.
How to Apply:
– Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at at university admissions.se by 15 January 2022.
– Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form.
– Submit your receipt of the application fee and the supporting documents required by University Admissions before the deadline on 28 February 2022. The fee is non-refundable.
– After you have completed your application to a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about the required documents and forms.
– Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from 8 to 18 February 2022. Access will be available on this page below during the application period.
– In the afternoon on 28 April 2022, the successful SI scholarship recipients of Global Professionals 2022/2023 are announced at si.se.
– Each recipient will then receive an official scholarship offer by email between 28-30 April. The recipient is responsible for ensuring that the provided email address in the application is correct. The scholarship must then be accepted or declined by the deadline indicated in the offer.