STEM Fellowships at the American University in Cairo
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Cairo
What: – Tuition and fees – Housing in a double room at the AUC dorms (for eligible students only) – Living allowance – Book allowance – AUC transportation
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 15 June 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Mohammed Bin Abdulkarim Alleheda Scholarship and Scientific Research Fund Program is offered at the American University in Cairo (AUC) by its School of Science and Engineering. The fund aims to support talented, financially disadvantaged students and encourage specialized scientific research in less-studied disciplines in the Arab world. It also aims to support scientific achievements, research, and the innovative and creative cultural contributions of Arabs to various life activities on the human level.
There are two types of fellowships, one for undergraduates and one for graduate students (Master’s and Ph.D.), both in fields related to: mathematics, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, energy and petroleum, water and environment, economics, and development. Acceptance will be based on merit and financial need.
– Tuition and fees
– Housing (for eligible students only)
– Living allowance
– Book allowance
– AUC transportation
For undergraduates starting in the fall of 2022: June 15, 2022.
For graduate students starting in the spring of 2023: October 15, 2022.
– Nationality: Arabs
– Demonstrate high academic achievement
– Meet AUC’s admission requirements
– Demonstrate financial need
– Must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing score of 6, or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76 and writing score of 20.
– The intended major must be one of the following fields: mathematics, engineering, physics, chemistry, biology, energy and petroleum, water and environment, economics, and development.
Master’s degree candidates:
– Nationals from the Arab world
– Satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
– Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
– Bachelor of science or engineering from an accredited university
– Relevant scientific research background
– Financial need
– Master of Science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
– Submission of a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas
– Submission of a satisfactory GRE score, as per the PhD program requirements
How to Apply:
For undergraduates, complete and submit the scholarship interest form.
For graduates, check how to apply and submit the online application.