Singapore International Graduate Award
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab Students interested in pursuing their Ph.D. in Singapore
What: Tuition fees and related costs
Where: A*STAR Research Institutes
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 01 December 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Academic Subject(s): Biomedical Engineering, Engineering, Physical Education, Science
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Singapore Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). The award offers graduate students the chance to carry out their research and acquire their Ph.D. from one of the partner universities.
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at the student’s chosen lab at one of the A*STAR institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree from their chosen institute.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
– Tuition fees.
– Monthly stipend of 2,000 Singapore dollars (about $1,446 US), which will be increased to 2,500 Singapore dollars ($1,810 US) after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
– One-time airfare grant of up to 1,500 Singapore dollars ($1,085 US).
– One-time settling-in allowance of 1,000 Singapore dollars ($725 US).
Research areas under the Ph.D. Program fall broadly under two categories:
– Biomedical Sciences; and
– Physical Science and Engineering.
Deadline: December 1, 2020
The program is open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research. Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
– Excellent academic results.
– Good skills in written and spoken English.
– Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply
Prepare electronic copies of all required documents, transcripts and reports. Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
– A recent passport-size photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
Also submit the following academic transcripts and reports, in English translation.
– Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
– Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate / scroll has not yet been conferred.
– Recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
– GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
You can apply through this link.