The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Singapore Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
The award offers international graduate students who are studying for the first time in Singapore the chance to carry out their research and acquire their Ph.D. from one of the partner universities.
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at the student’s chosen lab at one of the A*STAR institutes, NTU, NUS or SUTD. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs.
Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
Who: Arab students
What: Tuition fees Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500* One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Where: A*STAR Research Institutes
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 01 December 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: singapore
Academic Subject(s): Engineering, Science, Engineering, Math
The award provides support for up to four years of Ph.D. studies including:
– Tuition fees.
– Monthly stipend of 2,200 Singapore dollars (about $1,570 US), which will be increased to 2,700 Singapore dollars ($1,930 US) after the passing of the Qualifying Examination.
– One-time airfare grant of up to 1,500 Singapore dollars ($1,070 US).
– One-time settling-in allowance of 1,000 Singapore dollars ($715 US).
SINGA supports Ph.D. studies in biomedical sciences, computing and information sciences, engineering and technology, and physical sciences.
For more information on research areas under the Ph.D. programme, please see your chosen institute’s website:
– A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
– Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Colleges and Schools
– National University of Singapore (NUS) Faculties and Schools
– Singapore Management University (SMU) School of Computing and Information Systems
– Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) Pillars/Clusters and Research Centers
Deadline: December 1, 2022
The programme is open to all international graduates with a passion for research. Eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
– Excellent academic results.
– Good skills in written and spoken English.
– Good reports from academic referees.
How to Apply
Prepare electronic copies of all required documents, transcripts and reports. Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
– A recent passport-size photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
Also submit the following academic transcripts and reports, in English translation.
– Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
– Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate has not yet been conferred.
– Recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
– GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
You can apply through this link.