SheBegan Scholarship for Women in the US
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Females interested in studying in the US
What: Tuition fees + Stipend + Insurance
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: Partner Universities in the US
Program Length: Program Duration, depending on degree
Deadline to Apply: 20 April 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The International Scholarship for Women (ISW) program, sponsored by SheBegan magazine, is a grant that will fully fund study in any level of university education in the United States. First preference will be given to women who are able to show they have worked with empowering other women through professional or community work. Candidates will need to receive acceptance from a university to qualify for the grant.
The International Scholarship for Women sponsorship covers:
– Health insurance in sponsorship with Sunlife insurance company
– Expense on return flight: $1,600 (once per annum)
– Undergraduate degree sponsorship: $18,000
– Master’s/first professional degree sponsorship: $28,000
– Doctoral degree sponsorship: $26,000
– Postdoctoral degree sponsorship: $32,000
– Books & literature expense: $1,000 per year
– Monthly stipend of $1,200 for undergraduate students, $1,600 for master’s degree students, $1,800 for doctoral students, and flexible package for post-doctorate students.
Deadline: 20 April 2020
– Except for Iran, the International Scholarship for Women sponsorship is available to women from any other country.
– Age requirement for degree programs depends on the university’s requisites.
In addition, candidates must:
– Hold an educational grade (received abroad or in the U.S.) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. to apply for a master’s degree program; hold a degree equivalent to a master’s degree in the U.S. to apply for a doctoral grade program; or hold a valid doctoral degree to apply for a postdoctoral position.
– Be committed to dedicating herself to the intended educational plan, if selected. A commitment letter needs to be signed by the candidate upon receiving the ISW award.
– Plan to go back to her home nation to take up a professional occupation.
– Be competent in English. Unless the candidate can confirm that her resident-country language is English (statement required in writing), that she obtained an undergraduate degree or secondary diploma that was taught in English (transcript needed), or that she worked as a full-time researcher enrolled in English-taught program (transcript and English proficiency certificate needed), the IELTS or other English-language proficiency evidence is mandatory.
– By April 15, 2020, the candidate must have received an admission letter from a U.S. university.
– Candidates should be enrolled in a full-time degree program. ISW does not offer sponsorship for a part-time course or research or study.
– ISW does not provide sponsorship for distance-learning programs, language courses, exchange program courses and short duration courses.
How to Apply
Application forms can be accessed through this link.