Type: Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Japan
What: The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship depends on the differs based on the period as below: ¥200,000 per month for 1 ~ 2 years degree ¥180,000 per month for 3 years degree ¥150,000 per month for 4 ~ 5 years degree
Program Length: One year
Deadline to Apply: 31 October 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Japan
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation provides this scholarship to foreign students who study or plan to study in a Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree beginning in the spring of 2023.
Applications can be submitted from abroad as long as an applicant is accepted to a Japanese graduate school. All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by the university.
Deadline: October 31, 2022
The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree. The amount of scholarship differs based on the study period:
200,000 Japanese yen per month for 1- to 2-year degrees
180,000 Japanese yen per month for 3-year degrees
150,000 Japanese yen per month for 4- to 5-year degrees
– Applicants must not have Japanese citizenship
– Applicants must be enrolled as of April 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from April 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who plan to enter graduate school in Autumn 2023 should apply instead for the 2023 program, which will accept applications from April 1 to April 30, 2023.
– In principle, students enrolling in a professional graduate school are not eligible to apply. However, students who can submit a research plan are eligible to apply.
– The enrollment duration must be longer than 12 months.
– Students applying for the Ph.D. program must start their course by the age of 35. Students applying for the master’s program must start their course by the age of 30.
– Applicants must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan.
– Applicants must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as alumni members.
– Applicants must be able to carry on an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (no exception).
How to apply
– Confirm that you are eligible to apply.
– Once the documents are submitted, the application number will be issued, and a PDF of your application form will be created. Please save the PDF file as you will need it when the result is announced on our website.