Scholarships for Refugees at University of Kent
Type: Bachelor’s (Undergraduate)
Who: Refugees or Asylum Seekers in the UK looking to study at Kent University
What: Tuition fees
Where: Kent University, UK
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 03 May 2021
Citizenship: Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The University of Kent, in the United Kingdom, in partnership with the Article 26 Project, is able to offer three Article 26 Awards for undergraduate entry in 2021/2022. These awards are aimed at helping those seeking asylum in the United Kingdom to progress to higher education.
The benefits of the Article 26 Award are:
– Each recipient’s tuition fees will be waived for the duration of their program of study at the University of Kent.
– The recipients will be eligible to receive financial support from the University of Kent to cover the cost of travel (to the University or for group support), books, equipment, etc. (This amount is to be confirmed.)
Deadline: May 3, 2021
To meet the eligibility criteria of the Award, applicants must:
– Have refugee status, be an asylum seeker or the partner/dependent of an asylum seeker; OR be an asylum seeker/partner/dependent who has been granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (DLR) or some other form of temporary status.
– Have a conditional or unconditional offer of undergraduate study from the University of Kent, having applied through UCAS (www.ucas.com).
– Be currently attending a school, college, community or voluntary group which can provide a reference in support of their application.
– Be unable to access mainstream funding, e.g. student finance or a local authority grant.
– Live within commuting distance of the University of Kent (i.e. within the County of Kent).
– Not require support for living expenses or accommodation.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria should:
– Make an application to the University of Kent for undergraduate study via UCAS (www.ucas.com).
– Complete an Article 26 Award application form (please contact [email protected] to request a form).