The Chancellor’s International Scholarships programme at the University of Warwick will provide up to 42 scholarships to outstanding international applicants for doctoral study starting next fall. Students from all Arab countries are eligible to apply. The scholarship covers recipients’ full study and living costs during their chosen doctoral studies.
Scholarship recipients may study any Ph.D. course offered at Warwick. The scholarship is open to candidates who are newly applying to a full-time Ph.D. course and to candidates who are currently enrolled in the first year of a Ph.D. or M.Phil./Ph.D. course at the university.
Warwick is one of the U.K.’s leading universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation, and for links with business and industry. It has 29 academic departments and over 50 research centres and institutes, in three Faculties: Arts; Science, Engineering and Medicine; and Social Sciences. About a third of the student body comes from overseas.
Deadline: 14 December 2023
- Full tuition fees.
- A maintenance stipend paid at the prevailing rate for U.K. Research and Innovation (UKRI)-funded doctoral students, which is estimated at £18,750 annually for the 2024/2025 academic year, for up to 3.5 years. If you are already in your first year of study when you apply, then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly.
- A Research Training Support Grant (RTSG) of £5,000.
- Apply for a Ph.D. course at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2024, or be currently enrolled in the first year of a Ph.D. or M.Phil./Ph.D. at the university.
- Be assessed as “overseas” for fees purposes. There are no other nationality criteria.
How to Apply
Applications for 2024/2025 entry will open on 18 October 2023. Please note the following deadlines:
- Course application deadline: 12 December 2023.
- Scholarship application deadline: 14 December 2023.
- Supporting document deadline: 9 January 2024.
We strongly advise candidates to prepare their applications well in advance. It is not usually possible to complete and submit an application in less than 36 hours.
- Read the Applicant Guidance Notes and Postgraduate (PGR) Ranking Criteria.
- Submit your course application and upload supporting documents (see “supporting documents” on the scholarship’s application page).
- Receive an automated e-mail with a seven-digit applicant ID number. Please allow at least 48 hours for this to arrive.
- Register for an IT Services applicant account.
- Submit your scholarship application by the application deadline. We regret being unable to accept late applications for any reason.
- Submit supporting documents by the supporting document deadline. We regret being unable to accept late supporting documents for any reason.
Results of the Chancellor’s International Scholarship will be communicated by email by the start of March 2024.