Scholarships for Egyptians at Ain Shams University
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate)
Who: Egyptian students interested in studying renewable energy
What: Tuition fees + related cost
When: 2020 - 2021
Where: Ain El Shams University
Program Length: 4 years
Deadline to Apply: 21 July 2020
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Energy Studies
The Center of Excellence for Energy (COE-Energy) implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and supported by USAID, in cooperation with Ain Shams, Aswan, and Mansoura Universities, is pleased to announce the second and final cohort of the COE-Energy Academic Scholarship in Energy and Renewable Energy. The objective of the COE-Energy scholarship is to increase the availability of qualified graduates in the field of Energy and Renewable Energy, while supporting equal opportunities among scholarship beneficiaries. The COE-Energy scholarship supported by USAID provides funding for students attending the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University, in Cairo.
In addition to payment of full tuition (including books), the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship also provides awarded students with the following additional benefits:
– A new laptop computer for use during the duration of the degree program.
– Health insurance during the four-year degree program at Ain Shams University.
– A stipend for students transferring to Ain Shams University from distant governorates.
– Housing is offered for students coming from distant governorates.
Deadline: 31 July 2020
– Applicants must hold Egyptian nationality.
– Undergraduate students must be eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University.
– Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to applicants from Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
– Applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
– Applicants must score a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2019/2020 in the first semester. Priority will be given to applicants with higher GPAs.
– Submission of the complete package is necessary, including the motivation letter, the financial form with the supporting document and the online application; otherwise, the student’s application will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
– The Center of Excellence for Energy Project is offering this scholarship opportunity for applicants with a socioeconomic disadvantage, and it strongly encourages the application of women, and persons with disabilities who meet the eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.
How to Apply
First Step: Fill out the application attached with all the documents required.
Second Step: Submit the following required documents:
– Student’s Egyptian National ID.
– Thanaweya Amma Certificate/Transcript.
– Freshman year transcript (first Semester with GPA of 2.5).
– Curriculum Vitae (CV).
– Recommendation letter from a faculty member/school teacher supporting this application, indicating why the student is good candidate for the scholarship.
– Motivation letter.
– Extracurricular activities certificate.
– Financial Form with the supporting documents.
– Disability supporting documents (if any).
– HR letter from the employer of father/mother with net annual income for the prior year after deducting taxes and social insurance if father/mother is employed, or up-to-date statement from the social insurance office to prove unemployment status (like uninsured) if parent is unemployed.
– Up-to-date electricity, gas and telephone bills.
– A copy of the updated contract of your residence (rented or owned).
If you have any questions, please contact the University at [email protected]
For more information click here.