Scholarships for Egyptian Students to Study in Minnesota
Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Graduate Egyptian students looking to study Development Practice in the University of Minnesota.
What: The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.Graduate Egyptian students looking to study Development Practice in the University of Minnesota.
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: University of Minnesota
Program Length: Two years
Deadline to Apply: 15 October 2020
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): Development Practice
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full-time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge required to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
The scholarship covers university fees, health insurance, educational materials, living allowance and travel expenses.
Deadline: October 15, 2020
– Be an Egyptian national.
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
– Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic Master of Development Practice program.
– Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
– Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative).
– Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources.
– While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
– Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
– English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS.
– MDP-accepted Graduate Record Examination score (GRE). No specific score is required, however, Fall 2015 admitted students tested on average within the 68th percentile on the GRE Verbal section and within the 54th percentile on the GRE Quantitative Reasoning section.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications, one to the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and one to the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs by their respective deadlines:
– Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services, on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation. For information about how to apply for the scholarship program, please click HERE.
– Academic application to be submitted to the Humphrey School. For information about the Humphrey School application package, please click HERE.