Romanian Government Scholarships
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate), Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Romania
What: Tuition fees
Where: Romanian Universities
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 30 April 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Romania
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The Romanian government is offering full scholarships to foreign citizens for graduate or undergraduate education in Romania, beginning in the academic year 2021-2022. The scholarships are part of an annual programme for foreign citizens offered through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The scholarship applicant can choose from any of the following three study cycles in accredited higher-education institutions in Romania:
– Bachelor’s degree: Bachelor’s degree programmes are targeted at graduates of high school studies or pre-university studies at the end of which they obtained a baccalaureat (high school completition) degree or equivalent, as well as candidates applying for further university studies in Romania. The complete programme runs for a period of 3 to 6 years, depending on the specialization followed, and ends with a bachelor’s degree exam;
– Master’s degree: Master’s degree programmes are addressed to undergraduates, run for a period of 1 year, 1.5 years or 2 years, and end with the dissertation exam;
– Ph.D.: Doctoral programmes are addressed to graduate students or equivalent and run for a period of 3 to 5 years, depending on the profile of the chosen faculty, and end with the presentation of a Ph.D. thesis.
The language of instruction for undergraduate and master’s-degree studies is Romanian. Doctoral scholarship holders can opt for studies in Romanian or in a foreign language set by the doctoral school. For candidates who do not speak Romanian, a preparatory year is granted for the study of the Romanian language prior to the actual university studies.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 30, 2021.
Only foreign citizens from non-EU countries are eligible for the annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens.
People in the following categories are not eligible:
– Citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania; stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law.
– Members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania; members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania.
– Staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania.
– Beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
How to Apply:
– The application files must be sent by the candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), only through the diplomatic missions of Romania.
– As an exception, application files may be submitted by candidates, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest, if the diplomatic mission in question accepts it (a dedicated email address will be made available to foreign missions accredited in Romania for this purpose).
– The application can be found on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, at this link.