Qiddiya – HRDF Academic Training Program
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate), Fellowship
Who: Saudi students interested in the tourism field
What: Tuition fees
Where: Saudi Arabia
Program Length: 2 years
Deadline to Apply: 17 November 2020
Citizenship: Saudi Arabia
Destination Countries: Saudi Arabia
Academic Subject(s): Facilities and services management, Tourism
The Qiddiya-HRDF Academic Training Program for a Diploma in Hospitality Management is a 30-month program in collaboration with the Saudi Ministry of Tourism under the sponsorship of the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF).
The program includes a six-month foundation semester focusing on English, 18 months of academic training and six months of internships.
The first academic year provides the students with a general understanding of the industry, while the second year provides a more in-depth education in a specialized field. Upon successful completion of the program, students will be given job opportunities at the Qiddiya resort and entertainment complex, where they will be required to work for a minimum of two years.
The primary objective of the program is to provide educational opportunities for young Saudis in the untapped sector of tourism at large, hone their skills in the field of hospitality through internship opportunities, and offer career opportunities within Qiddiya.
The program grants diploma degrees in hospitality programs with a possibility for top of cohorts to pursue bachelor’s degrees in HTMi Hotel and Tourism Management Institute Switzerland.
The hospitality programs will be offered at the Higher Institute of Tourism & Hospitality in Riyadh for male and female students, and in Jizan and Baha for males only.
Field of Study:
The program includes the following hospitality specializations:
– Hotel Management
– Tourism Management
– Restaurant Management
– Events Management
– Marketing & Retail Management
The program will cover the following costs on behalf of all accepted applicants:
– Tuition fees and related costs such as books and uniforms
– Monthly stipend during the 18 academic training months, post the 6 months foundation semester
– Insurance will be granted during the 18 academic training months, post the 6 months foundation semester
The deadline for application submissions on Qiddiya’s portal is November 17.
To be eligible for the program, students must:
– Be 17 to 22 years of age
– Be high school graduate or preparatory (first) year university student
– Have a minimum high school GPA cumulative grade of 60%
– Have a minimum of 50 Qudurat score
– Have uitable physical readiness
– Be a Saudi national with no prior sponsorship from HRDF.
How to Apply:
– Online Registration: Students apply for the program through Qiddiya’s portal and provide all necessary documents.
– Open Day: Applicants will be contacted to attend an open day in order to complete two tests: a Career interest and Ability test, and an English Level test.
– Application Review: Applications are reviewed against successful criteria.
– Interview: Personality based interview conducted by education specialists.
– Acceptance: Successful applicants will be contacted and informed of their acceptance.
To apply, click HERE