Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in the UK
What: Tuition fees, stipend
Where: Europe, United Kingdom (UK) (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
Program Length: More than a year
Deadline to Apply: 19 March 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): Business, Education, Engineering, Medical Field
The President’s Ph.D. Scholarships Scheme at Imperial College London offers an outstanding opportunity for talented potential Ph.D. students from the U.K. and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
The scholarship program aims to provide up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of a supervisor.
The scholarship covers:
– Full funding for tuition fees.
– A stipend of £21,600 (about $29,500) per annum to assist with living costs .
– A consumables fund of £2,000 (about $2,700) per annum for the first three years of study.
– A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
Opportunities for Ph.D. funding via this program are extremely competitive, with higher than usual eligibility requirements. Applicants should be confident that they are able to demonstrate outstanding academic performance before applying for this scholarship. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have ranked highly in their class, often achieving grades of 85 percent or higher in their degree(s).
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now open.
Deadline: March 19, 2021.
– Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive a first class U.K. degree or equivalent.
– Candidates with a standalone master’s degree qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first-class U.K. undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated master’s degree programs that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. M.Eng., M.Sci., M.Math., are assessed by the admissions office as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their Ph.D. study.
– Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
How to Apply:
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system, and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
When prompted for a personal statement you must ensure that it consists of approximately 1,000 words (maximum two pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project. The selection panel will not consider statements exceeding the two-page limit. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission.
To be considered for the President’s Ph.D. Scholarship program, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the Additional Questions tab within the online application form.
You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.