President’s Ph.D. Scholarships at Imperial College
Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in the UK
What: Tuition fees, stipend
Where: Europe, United Kingdom (UK) (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales)
Program Length: More than a year
Deadline to Apply: 05 November 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
The President’s Ph.D. Scholarships Scheme at Imperial College London offers an outstanding opportunity for talented potential Ph.D. students worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
The scholarship program aims to provide up to 50 research students the opportunity to work within their chosen research field with the support of a supervisor.
– Full funding for tuition fees.
– A stipend of £21,800 (about $30,000) per annum to assist with living costs.
– A consumables fund of £2,000 (about $2,750) per annum for the first three years of study.
– A program of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School.
Opportunities for Ph.D. funding via this program are extremely competitive. Applicants should be able to demonstrate outstanding academic performance. Previous successful recipients of the scholarship have ranked highly in their class, often achieving grades of 85 percent or higher in their degree(s).
Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are now open.
Deadline: Applications will be considered throughout the academic year:
– Applicants who apply before 5 November 2021 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 January 2022.
– Applicants who apply before 7 January 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 March 2022.
– Applicants who apply before 18 March 2022 and are awarded a scholarship will be notified by 31 May 2022.
– Applications are accepted from talented candidates worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality.
– Candidates must be among the highest achievers in their undergraduate cohort, and in receipt of, or due to receive, a first class U.K. degree or equivalent.
– Candidates with a standalone master’s degree qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first class U.K. undergraduate degree or equivalent. Candidates with multiple standalone master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their Ph.D. study.
– Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions are strongly urged to determine if their scores/grades are equivalent to the relevant eligibility criteria.
– Application Form
– Personal Statement: Consists of approximately 1,000 words (maximum two pages) and outlines your academic and research achievements to date, explaining in brief your planned research project.
– English proficiency certificate to show a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
To be considered for the President’s Ph.D. Scholarship program, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the Additional Questions tab within the online application form.
You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.