Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Students from Africa interested in completing their Ph.D. in SOAS
What: Tution fees + Stipend
When: 2020 – 2021
Where: SOAS University, London
Program Length: Program Duration
Deadline to Apply: 31 March 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia
Destination Countries: UK
Academic Subject(s): Economics, Law and Government, Political Science, Sustainable Development
The University of London’s Centre of African Studies offers 2 Ph.D. scholarships to African nationals as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure an unconditional offer of acceptance for the Ph.D. by applying directly to the SOAS Doctoral School.
The eligible Ph.D.’s are only those within the following departments:
– Distance Learning: CEFIMS(Centre for Financial and Management Studies), DEFIMS
Deadline: 31st March 2020.
Students must be from an African country and must apply first to the SOAS Doctoral School.
How to apply
Students must provide the following documents:
– A copy of the unconditional offer received from the SOAS Admissions Office
– CV (please include your email address)
– 2 pages max statement outlining knowledge and interest in governance-related issues
– Your research proposal (as sent to the SOAS Admissions Office)
– One academic reference (to be sent directly by the referee to [email protected])