Palestinian Rule of Law Awards
Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Applicants from the West Bank and Gaza
What: Academic master of laws (LLM)
Where: Universities in the United States
Program Length: One year
Deadline to Apply: 15 February 2019
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): Law and Government
The Palestinian Rule of Law Awards provide scholarships for one-year academic master of laws (LLM) programs for qualified applicants from the West Bank and Gaza for study at selected law schools in the United States.
Approximately five awards will be available in 2019 for the 2019 – 2020 academic year.
The Palestinian Rule of Law Awards are merit-based and open to lawyers or law graduates normally resident in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza Strip who are:
- proficient in spoken and written English and Arabic;
- able to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential;
- able to begin study in the United States in the fall of 2019;
- able to receive and maintain a U.S. student visa;
- able to receive and maintain a visa for one-month attendance at a pre-academic summer course (location to be determined);
- able to obtain travel documents to leave and return to the West Bank or Gaza;
- committed to returning to the West Bank or Gaza after completion of the program to serve as leaders in their fields of specialization.
Applicants should have an outstanding academic record (a BA in law or other law degree is required), professional aptitude, and leadership potential. Preference will be given to candidates with some degree of practical experience.
The program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The scholarship program does not provide the following:
- funding for applicants who are not normally resident in the West Bank or Gaza
- funding for study in fields other than law
- funding for dependent family members
- funding for individuals receiving other Open Society Foundations grants during the scholarship period
- funding for employees of Open Society Foundations directly involved in the administration of scholarship programs
How to apply
1- Register online via the OSF application portal
2- Follow the instructions.
1- Fill the paper application form found on the website.
2- Send to OSF Scholarship Programs, 224 West 57th Street, New York, NY, 10019, USA Email: [email protected]