Type: Master’s Degree
Who: High achieving Arab youth
What: Online Master’s Degrees
Where: Arizona State University
Program Length: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: 24 March 2019
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
Open Learning Scholars Program – Abdulla Al-Ghurair Foundation for Education
Open Learning Scholars Program offers full online Master’s scholarships at Arizona State University for a range of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and other degrees relevant to the Arab region for Arab youth
The Scholarship covers the total cost of university tuition and other mandatory university fees for the master’s degree for up to a period of 3 years. The program also offers scholars a number of opportunities provided both through the university and/or through the Foundation. These include:
– Access to a network of Al Ghurair Scholars around the world
– Academic advising, career counseling and mentorship
In order to be eligible to apply for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at Arizona State University, you must be:
– an Arab citizen – you must not hold a second non-Arab passport.
– Preference is given to residents of the Arab world for at least 12 years.
– under 30 years old academically high-achieving – you must have a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0 in your bachelor’s degree (or 85%).
– Students with a master’s degree are not eligible for this program.
– in need of financial support – you must be willing and able to show proof of your financial need in your application
– done with your bachelor’s degree – or be about to complete it and not yet have completed a master’s degree
How to Apply
Interested students are requested to complete the online application on the student portal. However, in order to gain the scholarships, students must (1) apply to and receive an acceptance from ASU to one of the Foundation’s supported online master’s programs, and (2) apply to and receive an acceptance to the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program.
– Read and understand all the requirements to complete your scholarship application for the Al Ghurair Open Learning Scholars Program at ASU found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
– Prepare your required documents for your application. The list of required documents are listed in the FAQ section.
– Attend an online information session during each of the application cycles to learn more about the program. To register, click here.
– Create a profile on the Foundation’s Student Portal, which can be accessed by clicking on the “Ready to Apply” link at the bottom of this page
– Create and complete your Al Ghurair OLS Program application
– Apply for the ASU Online Master’s Degree of your choice as soon as possible. Make sure that it is a program that is supported by the Foundation by clicking here.
– Wait to receive an email from the foundation about the status of your application. Please check your inbox and junk folders regularly as they may need clarifications on your application.