Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarships for Egyptians
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate)
Who: Egyptian Students interested in studying in the USA
What: full tuition, living allowance, travel and health insurance.
Where: Partner colleges and universities in the United States: · Harvard University / University of Chicago / Stanford University / University of Pennsylvania
Program Length: 4 years
Deadline to Apply: 31 July 2021
Destination Countries: USA
Academic Subject(s): Economics, Engineering, Finance, Management, Marketing, Political Science
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program offers Egyptian students the chance to study in the United States at the undergraduate level, in the fields of engineering, economics, political science, finance and management at one of the following approved universities: Harvard University, Stanford University, the University of Chicago, and the University of Pennsylvania.
The scholarships cover tuition fees, travel expenses, living allowance, books and computers, and health insurance, among other benefits.
Launched in 2000, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program has made it possible for more than 80 Egyptian men and women to pursue degrees at prestigious universities in the United States in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt. The program’s aim is to facilitate the academic development and character building of young Egyptians, to give them the tools to develop their careers and benefit the communities in which they live.
Onsi Sawiris Scholarships are awarded based on merit, character and need as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
Deadline: July 31, 2021
– Be Egyptian nationals who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
– Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
– Be planning to start studies in the United States in 2022.
– Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after successfully completing the degree.
– Be involved in or have been involved in extracurricular activities.
– GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates.
– TOEFL iBT: 100 or above (taken within 2 years).
– Minimum SAT I Score: 1450 (taken within 2 years) or minimum ACT Score: 32 (taken within 2 years)
How to Apply:
Please fill out the application through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Undergraduate application link.
– Copy of test scores (SAT I or ACT) & TOEFL iBT, taken within 2 years.
– Copy of latest transcripts.
– Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate, if available.
– Two recommendation letters.
For inquiries regarding the scholarship, email [email protected] or contact Amideast on 19263 (inside Egypt).