The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Bachelor’s Degree Program 2024-2025, sponsored by Orascom Construction, provides fully funded scholarships for Egyptian students to pursue bachelor’s degrees at prestigious universities in the United States in fields that will promote the economic prosperity of Egypt.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship is granted to selected students to pursue their bachelor’s degree at one of the following universities:
– University of Chicago
– Stanford University
– University of Pennsylvania
– Harvard University
– Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The scholarships are granted only for the following fields of study.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the endorsed universities’ websites to decide on their preferred program. Students completing grade 11 and students completing grade 12 by the application deadline are both eligible to apply, as long as they plan to start their first year of bachelor studies as freshmen in August 2024.
Deadline: July 31, 2023
Duration of Study:
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
· Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma or equivalent high school certificates.
· Proof of English proficiency. TOEFL iBT minimum score of 100 (taken within 2 years).
· Minimum SAT I score of 1450 or minimum ACT score of 32 (taken within 2 years).
· Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
· Be planning to start their studies in the U.S. in August 2024.
· Have not lived more than 2 years abroad. Preference is given to applicants who have not resided outside of Egypt.
· Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the completion of their bachelor’s degree.
Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Nominated students should apply to their chosen university program by October 2023. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
· Online application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Undergraduate application
· Copy of test scores (SAT I or ACT) and TOEFL iBT ®, taken within 2 years.
· Copy of latest transcripts.
· Copy of grade 12 certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate, if available. Students completing their grade 11 by the application deadline should submit their latest transcripts.
· Two recommendation letters.