Mathematics Graduate Studies Scholarship for Arabs
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab students interested in studying in France
What: Tuition fees and stipend
Where: Paris, France
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 21 January 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: France
Academic Subject(s): Mathematics
The Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris (FSMP) offers to students, selected through an online application process, scholarships covering tuition fees and a stipend in one of the universities of its network. The laureates will be able to register to the universities of the FSMP network. They will benefit from a range of courses based on the skills of the whole Parisian laboratories in mathematical sciences research.
The laureates receive a tuition fee waiver plus a stipend of up to 1,100 euros per month: 600 euros per month, plus 500 euros per month for a housing benefit (upon justification only).
Deadline: January 22, 2021
– This scholarship is available for students who wish to pursue their studies in the first and/or in the second year of a master’s degree program in fundamental mathematics and theoretical computer science.
– Female students are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
There are two calls for applications each year
– From October 1, 2020, to January 22, 2021 (11:59 pm, Paris Time): This call is open to students who have completed a bachelor’s degree or the first year of a master’s degree program outside of France. Applications must be made online, here.
– From December 1, 2020, to May 8, 2021 (11:59 pm, Paris Time): This call will be open for the same students mentioned above and for students who completed a bachelor’s degree or the first year of master’s degree program in one of the universities of the FSMP’s network. (The application form for the second call is not yet available.)
Documents to upload with the online application:
– Curriculum vitae.
– Letter of application.
– Bachelor’s degree school reports (transcript of grades) and certificate.
– Master’s degree school reports (transcript of grades) and certificate when available.
– Letter(s) of recommendation: Do not forget to mention (Step 4 of the application process) the e-mail address of the professors who wish to send recommendation letters. They will receive an automatic email to upload their letters.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applicants are invited to also submit any official documents attesting to their achievements (ranking, ranking in national and international competitions, etc.). Moreover, the authors of the recommendation letters are encouraged to provide, if possible, elements of comparison that can be checked.