KUT Graduate Scholarships in Japan
Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Students interested in pursuing their Ph.D. in KUT, Japan
What: tuition fees, monthly allowance, and travel expenses
When: 2021 - 2022
Where: Kochi University in Japan
Program Length: Three years
Deadline to Apply: 12 September 2020
Citizenship: Algeria, Belarus, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Japan
Academic Subject(s): Economics, Engineering, Management
Every year, Kochi University of Technology (KUT), in Japan, enrolls approximately 15 selected doctoral students to work in specific research projects. Each student pursues a doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting a host professor in his or her research projects and receiving a monthly payment in return.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Through the 3-year curriculum, Kochi University of Technology (KUT) provides a comprehensive education in the multidisciplinary environment.
Opportunity Focus Areas:
– Environmental Systems Engineering
– Intelligent Mechanical Systems Engineering
– Electronic and Photonic Systems Engineering
– Information Systems Engineering
– Infrastructure Systems Engineering
– Economics and Management
Deadline: 18 September 2020
– Hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
– Be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
– Have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
– Have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in the research project
– Have high English proficiency
How to Apply:
First Step: Choose one research project from the SSP Research Project List from here.
Second Step: Send a completed Pre-Application Request to the leader of your preferred project by e-mail and obtain the leader’s permission to apply for that SSP project from here.
Third Step: Prepare all of the following required documents and submit them to KUT by post at the address below:
– A copy of an email or other communication which clearly shows that the leader of the intending applicant’s preferred project has given the intending applicant permission to apply for that SSP project.
– Signed pre-application request that you submitted to the leader of your preferred SSP.
– Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript in English/Japanese.
– Original master’s degree academic transcript in English/Japanese.
– Original master’s degree certificate in English/Japanese. Use KUT official SSP form No. 1.
– A copy of the intending applicant’s master’s thesis in English.
– Research Outline — A detailed plan of the research, in English and approximately one page.
– Two recommendation letters in English/Japanese. Use KUT official SSP form No. 2.
– Original certificate of health in English/Japanese issued within the past 6 months. Use KUT official SSP form No. 1.
– Rank certificate (in English/Japanese) for bachelor’s and master’s program issued by the university, stating your rank in the class (e.g. 2nd out of 25 students )
– Copies of your past publications.
– Certificate of English ability ( such as TOEFL, IELTS, CET, etc )
– Copy of your passport or other identification documents such as citizenship certificate, birth certificate, etc.
Address: International Relations Section
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN