Type: Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Bright Kuwaiti nationals interested in science and technology
What: Scholarship + Living expenses for first year of graduate studies
Where: Top Universities in the World
Program Length: One year
Deadline to Apply: Contact KFAS for more information
Destination Countries: All Countries
Academic Subject(s): Medical Field, Science and Technology
KFAS offers financial support to Kuwaiti science graduates who have received unconditional acceptance to complete their higher education at prestigious international universities. The scholarships cover the costs and expenses of their first year of study, including the summer semester. The students are expected to find alternative means to cover the costs for the remaining years of study.
One-year scholarships (including summer semester) are provided for high-achieving university graduates in science majors to pursue their Master’s or Ph.D. The applicant shall seek additional financial support for the subsequent years until graduation.
The application window is announced once a year and is open for a period of two months, please contact KFAS for more information.
The scholarship includes:
– Registration and academic fees for the first year.
– A monthly salary of KD1,200 for the Master’s degree and KD1,500 for the Ph.D. degree.
– Medical insurance.
– Economy class round trip air ticket allowance not exceeding KD800.
– Additional allowance of KD500 will be given for initial expenses.
Deadline: Contact KFAS
All applicants must adhere to the following guidelines
– Must be a Kuwaiti national
– Must not be over 35 years old at the time of application
– The scholarship is limited to financial support in the first academic year only, including the summer semester.
– For science and technology fields: Must have excellent grades of GPA of 3.67 or higher for the most recent university degree
– For medical fields: a GPA of 3.33 or higher for the most recent university degree
– The applicant must not have been previously awarded the same degree.
– The applicant must have been accepted for a Masters or Ph.D. from a world-class university that has been rated among the top fifty universities in the applicant’s sought major, according to the following website.
– The latest degree obtained must be from among the top 200 universities mentioned on the following website or local universities (government and private).
– The applicant must submit a final and unconditional acceptance from universities on the Top 200 List or local universities (government or private).
– Applications must be submitted along with all required documents in the timeline specified in the announcement of the scholarship.
– University admission should be for the same year of the scholarship.
– Only one scholarship for the Master’s degree and one for the Ph.D. degree will be awarded.
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, download the application form: Scholarship Application Form.