KAIST Scholarship in South Korea
KAIST, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, in South Korea, offers the KAIST Scholarship to international students who have been accepted for undergraduate study.
The scholarship’s primary objective is to promote academic excellence and ensure that no student is disadvantaged due to their financial situation, personal challenges, or social background.
Deadline: 26 May 2023
- Full tuition exemption for 8 semesters.
- Living expenses of 350,000 South Korean won (about $260) per month.
- National health insurance.
- All international students can apply.
- Applicants for fall 2023 must have completed their high school by August 2023.
- Applicants who hold Korean Citizenship (dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as foreign students.
- International applicants must additionally satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen, or
- Applicants of Korean origin must have received their entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea.
- Online application form.
- Recommendation letter (KAIST will send an automated letter to your recommender’s email address).
- High school transcript.
- Passport and National ID card.
- Statement of Financial Resources.
- English proficiency test score (recommended).
- Standardized test score reports (recommended).
How to Apply:
KAIST Scholarships are awarded to admitted students. There is no separate process for applying for the scholarship. Just check “KAIST Scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section on the online application.
Click here to download the Admission Guideline.
Applications can be submitted through this link.