KAIST, the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, in Daejeon, South Korea, offers a full scholarship (tuition waiver plus a monthly allowance plus health insurance) to every admitted international undergraduate student.
Under Vision 2031, KAIST seeks to contribute to the happiness and prosperity of humanity through innovation in science and technology.
Consult the Admission Guideline for International Applicants, Spring & Fall Semester 2023, for a description of the undergraduate programmes it offers through its School of Transdisciplinary Studies, College of Natural Sciences, College of Life Science & Bioengineering, College of Engineering, College of Business.
Deadline: Oct. 21, 2022 (early application track); Jan. 13, 2023 (regular track); May 26, 2023 (late track).
Applicants must be international students and must meet the following requirements.
– High school graduate:
Applicants for admission in Spring 2023 must have graduated or will graduate from high school by February 28, 2023. They may apply via the early admission track only.
Applicants for admission in Fall 2023 must have graduated or will graduate from high school by August 31, 2023. They may apply via the early, or regular, or late admission track.
– Foreign citizenship:
Neither of the applicant’s parents is a Korean citizen; or
For applicants of Korean origin, you must have received your entire elementary, junior high, and high school education outside of Korea at a comparable and equivalent level of that provided in Korea. Applicants who hold Korean citizenship (including dual citizenship) are not eligible to apply as international students.
– Full tuition exemption
– Monthly allowance of approximately $300 per month
– Medical health insurance
– To retain the KAIST Scholarship, students must maintain a GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST after their freshman year.
How to Apply:
– The KAIST Scholarship is offered to admitted students. There is no separate process for applying for the scholarship. Just check “KAIST scholarship” on the Statement of Financial Resources section of the online application for admission.
– Apply through the following link. (The window will open on Sept. 5, 2022, for the early admission track.)
– See the Admission Guideline for additional information about mandatory and optional documents to submit with your application.