Jusoor Scholarships for Syrian Women in Canada
Type: Bachelor's (Undergraduate)
Who: Syrian Women interested in studying in Canada
What: Tution fees, stipend, and traveling expenses
Where: McGill university in Canada
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 29 March 2021
Destination Countries: Canada
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
Jusoor, a nongovernmental organization of Syrian expatriates that supports programs helping Syrian youth realize their potential, has announced a new partnership with McGill University to provide full scholarships to two Syrian women who demonstrate financial need and academic merit. The scholarships will support bachelor’s level study at McGill University, in Montreal, Canada, for the academic year 2021–2022.
The new partnership with McGill is part of Jusoor’s 100 Syrian Women, 10,000 Syrian Lives Scholarship program. Since 2016, Jusoor and its key partners at the Institute for International Education (IIE), Wilfrid Laurier University, Educational Testing Service (ETS), and Education USA have provided 34 bachelor’s and master’s degree scholarships to women pursuing a wide range of studies in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
The 100 Syrian Women, 10,000 Syrian Lives Scholarship program is open to Syrian women who have demonstrated exemplary social service with leadership, academic excellence, and civic responsibility; who have characteristics reflecting the importance of empathy, humility, courage, and resilience; and who have potential to serve as global leaders.
Deadline: 29 March 2021
– Tuition Fees
– Travel expenses
– Be a woman
– Be Syrian, Palestinian-Syrian, or have a Syrian Travel Document.
– Have graduated from high school or expect to graduate by August 2021.
– Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
– Demonstrate English-language proficiency.
– Have a strong record of leadership and community engagement, as demonstrated through volunteer and/or work experience.
– Demonstrate willingness and intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria.
How to apply:
– Apply by filling out the online application form and submitting it by Monday, March 29, 2021, noon Newfoundland Daylight Time (UTC−02:30).
– Incomplete applications, applications missing required documents or submissions past the deadline will not be considered.