IMU Breakout Ph.D. Fellowship Program
Type: Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab Students interested in pursuing their Ph.D. in Singapore
What: - Full tuition fee - Accommodation expenses - Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country) - Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/her doctoral program
Where: All countries
Program Length: 1 year
Deadline to Apply: 31 May 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: All Countries
Academic Subject(s): Mathematics
The International Mathematical Union’s IMU Breakout Graduate Fellowship Program offers a limited number of grants for excellent students from developing countries interested in pursuing their Ph.D. in mathematics.
Professional mathematicians and professors are invited to nominate highly motivated and mathematically talented students from developing countries who plan to complete a doctoral degree in a developing country, including their own home country. Nominees must have a consistently good academic record and must be seriously interested in pursuing a career of research and teaching in mathematics.
Deadline : May 31, 2021
– Full tuition fee
– Accommodation expenses
– Travel expenses to the host institution (if different from the home country)
– Basic living expenses that will depend on the cost of the living of the country in which the student will study his/her doctoral program
The nomination form has to be filled out online and be submitted by the nominator. Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship. Changes after submission are not possible.
Conditions for Nominator:
– Professional mathematicians (including those who have superannuated, but continue to mentor young students).
– It is preferred that the nominator has been mentoring the nominee.
Conditions for Nominee (Student)
– The student must be a resident AND a citizen of a developing country.
– The student must be either pre-accepted to join a doctoral program in the first academic year after the time of selection in a university or research institution which is based in a developing country or already enrolled in a doctoral program in a university or research institution which is based in a developing country.
– There is no age limit for the student.
– The nomination of women students is strongly encouraged.
How to Apply:
– The nomination form has to be filled out online and be submitted by the nominator. Students cannot apply themselves for the fellowship. Paper applications are not accepted. Changes after submission are not possible.
– Create an account on the website of the scholarship here.
– Complete your application with the required documents here.