The GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders Programme supports applicants from sub-Saharan African countries who intend to study a one-year intensive master’s programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). Three scholarships are available for the 2024-25 academic year.
The scholarships are open to candidates who are ordinarily resident in a sub-Saharan African country. In the Arab region, these include Comoros, Mauritania, Somalia, and Sudan.
Candidates may study any one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) M.Sc. programme at LSHTM (except for the university’s joint programmes: M.Sc. Global Mental Health; M.Sc. Health Policy, Planning & Financing; M.Sc. One Health; and M.Sc. Veterinary Epidemiology).
The GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders aim to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and to strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
The scholarships are funded by GSK plc, a British multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company with global headquarters in London. The company supports scholarships and collaborates with prestigious universities in the United Kingdom to fulfill its commitment to addressing health challenges in the developing world, particularly in Africa.
4 March 2024
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees.
- A tax-free stipend of GBP 19,500.00.
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Intend to return to their home country on completion of their study at LSHTM.
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed study programme.
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements.
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level.
- Hold an offer of admission for 2024-25 for one of LSHTM’s London-based intensive M.Sc. programmes of study.
How to Apply
Submit an application for 2024-25 for a London-based M.Sc. programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
- To be considered for GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders, applicants must select the relevant scholarships in the ‘Funding Details’ section of their study application form.
- Attach a completed Scholarships Application Form (docx) to your Step 1 study application. This is the only required attachment with the scholarships application. References, transcripts, and CV should have already been submitted as part of the study application.