Graduate Study scholarship at the University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki Scholarship Programme offers Finland scholarships to excellent students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to complete a Master’s degree at the University of Helsinki.
Duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year).
The Finland scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees and also includes a 5,000 euro relocation grant. The scholarship and the 5,000 euro grant will be renewed for the second year of your studies if you complete at least 55 credits during your first study year.
The University of Helsinki may award up to one Finland scholarship for a newly admitted student of each master’s degree programme.
Find International Master’s programmes through the Master’s programmes page.
Please note that there is only one intake per academic year. The applications for studies starting in autumn 2022 are closed. The next application period, for studies starting in autumn 2023, is from 1 Dec 2022 to 4 Jan 2023.
Deadline: 4 Jan 2023
Type: Master’s Degree
Who: Arab students interested in studying in Finland
What: – Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR) – Full Tuition fee Grant – Student Union (HYY) membership fee including – free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS) – student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants – reductions in public transport – Unisport services at low prices. – The University of Helsinki offers all scholarship winners the option to take part in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Programme.
Where: Helsinki – Finland
Program Length: One year
Deadline to Apply: 04 November 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Finland
Academic Subject(s): All Subjects
In addition to the tuition waiver and relocation grant, the Finland Scholarship includes
– Student Union (HYY) membership fee (covering student meal discounts, reductions in public transport, and Unisport services at low prices).
– Free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS).
– be an international student.
– be eligible for Master’s study at the University of Helsinki.
– be liable for tuition fees. Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. You can check the FAQ at the Studyinfo.fi website as to whether or not you are required to pay tuition fees.
– meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
– have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
How to Apply:
– Find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Degree Finder.
– Visit your chosen programme’s webpage for more information on its requirements.
– When the application period opens on 1 Dec 2022, you will be able to submit your application in the University of Helsinki Master’s applications system.