Graduate Scholarships in AUC, Egypt for students
Type: Fellowship, Master’s Degree
Who: Students looking to study at AUC, Egypt
What: Tuition fees + accomodation + travel expenses + stipend + laptop
Where: AUC Egypt
Program Length: One year renewable
Deadline to Apply: 02 March 2021
Citizenship: Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Economics, International and Comparative Education,
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program is a joint effort between the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and the American University in Cairo (AUC). It offers fellowships for graduate study at AUC to students who are nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia and Yemen. Displaced Syrian citizens residing outside of Syria are also eligible to apply.
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) program equips academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes. The fellowship provides opportunities for organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders and proposes local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region.
Fellows may pursue a master’s degree at the American University in Cairo in one of the following graduate programs:
– International and Comparative Education
– Migration and Refugee Studies
The fellowship is awarded for a duration of two years, in addition to any academic English-language remedial courses which might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
– Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
– Medical insurance
– A monthly stipend
– Student housing
– A laptop computer
– Internship/practicum opportunity including local transportation costs if needed
– Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
– Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control
Deadline: March 2 for the Graduate admission application and March 15 for the fellowship application for the fall semester.
– Be nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Yemen; or displaced Syrian citizens residing outside of Syria.
– Meet AUC graduate admission requirements.
– Have strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
– Be proficient in written and spoken English.
– Possess maturity, flexibility and leadership potential, demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
– Have financial need.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply for graduate study at AUC. Check how to apply and submit the online application.
Step 2: Apply for the TLG Fellowship 2021-2022 Follow the instructions here to complete and submit the online fellowship application.