Graduate Scholarships for Scientific Research in Cairo
Type: Master's Degree, Ph.D. or Other Doctoral Degrees
Who: Arab Students interested in scientific research
What: Full tuition fees + living expenses
Where: American University in Cairo
Program Length: 2 to 4 years
Deadline to Apply: 15 April 2022
Citizenship: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Destination Countries: Egypt
Academic Subject(s): Science
The Mohammed Bin Abdulkarim Allehedan Endowed Scholarship and Scientific Research Fund Program is offered at the American University in Cairo, represented by its School of Science and Engineering.
The fund’s aims are to support talented and financially disadvantaged students and encourage specialized scientific research in uncommon disciplines in the Arab world. It also aims to support scientific achievements, research, and Arabs’ innovative and creative cultural contributions to various life activities on the humanity level.
The program is intended to enable qualified students from the Arab world to attend one of the university‘s Ph.D. or master of science and engineering programs with full tuition fees covered.
The fellowship covers:
– Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester.
– Student services and activities fees.
– Housing allowance or accommodation in the University Residences for non-residents of Cairo.
– Monthly stipend.
– Book allowance.
– Bus transportation fees.
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Applicants to master’s degree programs must:
– Be nationals from the Arab world.
– Be new graduate degree-seeking students who satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements.
– Hold a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering from an accredited university, with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
– Have relevant scientific research background.
– Be able to demonstrate financial need.
Applicants to Ph.D. programs must:
– Hold a Master of Science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university.
– Submit a preliminarily proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic relates to one or more of the research priority areas.
– Submit a satisfactory GRE score, as per the Ph.D. program requirements.
How to apply
Step 1: Complete and submit the AUC Graduate Admissions application. See the Graduate Admissions webpage for more detail on admission requirements and instructions on how to apply.
Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application.