The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding students from outside the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) who are enrolling in a full-time master’s degree programme at Leiden University, in the Netherlands. The EFTA includes the 27 EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
The scholarship is available for all master’s degree programmes, with the exception of LL.M. (non-advanced) and M.Sc. programmes at Leiden Law School.
The LExS is not a full scholarship. It offers three awards:
– 10,000 euros of the tuition fee
– 15,000 euros of the tuition fee
– Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Deadline: February 1, 2023.
– Students must have achieved excellent study results in their previous education, which must be relevant to the master’s programme for which they are applying. As an example of academic excellence, the applicant might have been amongst the top 10 percent of graduates in their previous study programme.Proof of ranking is not required – this information is only to indicate the level of competitiveness.
– Applicants must have a non-EFTA passport and may not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
How to Apply
– Apply online for admission to a master’s degree programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
– In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS).
– Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
– Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
– If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload an LExS motivation letter for each.