Graduate Scholarships at AUC
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) Fellowship Programme is a joint effort between the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs and the American University in Cairo.
The TLG programme equips academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes, through organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders and proposes local solutions to shared problems in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The programme offers students from the region the opportunity to pursue higher education and earn a master’s degree at the American University in Cairo in one of the following disciplines:
– International and Comparative Education
– Migration and Refugee Studies
The fellowship is awarded for a duration of two years, in addition to any academic English-language remedial courses which might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
– Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
– Medical insurance
– A monthly stipend
– Student housing
– A laptop computer
– Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed
– Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
– Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved programme activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
Deadline: 5 December 2022
– Be nationals of the following countries only: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, and Yemen.
– Meet AUC graduate admission requirements.
– Have strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
– Be proficient in written and spoken English.
– Possess maturity, flexibility and leadership potential, demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
– Have financial need.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply for graduate study at AUC. Check how to apply and submit the online application.
Step 2: Apply for the TLG Fellowship 2023–24. Follow the instructions here to complete and submit the online fellowship application.